By Elliott Antokoletz
This examine consultant is an annotated bibliography of basic and secondary assets and catalogue of Bartók’s compositions. because the e-book of the second one variation, a wealth of data has been proliferating within the box of Bartók study. The 3rd version of this study consultant offers an replace during this box and represents the multidisciplinary examine components within the growing to be Bartók literature.
Read or Download Béla Bartók: A Research and Information Guide (Routledge Music Bibliographies) PDF
Best bibliographies & indexes books
In prior years, educating little ones approximately conservation and environmental concerns could have been an non-compulsory aspect subject to counterpoint an earth technology curriculum, yet in contemporary academic weather, ''being green'' is a topic with nice relevance and value. This ebook combines a wide selection of recommendations to assist scholars comprehend environmental concerns and achieve the talents had to take motion.
M. R. James (1862-1936) is maybe most sensible remembered as a author of chilling ghost tales, yet he used to be an excellent student of medieval literature and palaeography, who served either as Provost of King's university, Cambridge, and as Director of the Fitzwilliam Museum, and plenty of of his tales replicate his educational historical past.
There are numerous educational references describing how RMs are made, yet few that specify why they're used, how they need to be used and what occurs once they aren't safely used. which will fill this hole, the editors have taken the contributions of greater than thirty RM practitioners to supply a hugely readable textual content prepared in 9 chapters.
This publication constructed from sections of my doctoral dissertation, "The danger of spiritual wisdom: Causation, Coherentism and Foundationalism," Brown collage, 1982. even if, it really had its beginnings a lot prior while, as an undergraduate on the college of Virginia, I first learn Hume's "Of Miracles" and have become attracted to it.
- Online Information and Research
- Malawi (World Bibliographical Series, Vol 8)
- Platonism at the Origins of Modernity: Studies on Platonism and Early Modern Philosophy (International Archives of the History of Ideas Archives internationales d'histoire des idées)
- The Kurds and Kurdistan: A Selective and Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies and Indexes in World History)
- Catalogue of the Smaller Arachnid Orders of the World: Amblypygi, Uropygi, Schizomida, Palpigradi, Ricinulei and Solifugae
- Biographical Dictionary of the United States Secretaries of the Treasury, 1789-1995 (Contributions to the Study of Science)
Additional resources for Béla Bartók: A Research and Information Guide (Routledge Music Bibliographies)
60. 61. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. Vol. III: 67. 68. 69. 70. 71. 72. 73. 74. 75. 76. 77. 78. 79. 80. 81. 82. 83. B Hommage à R. Sch. Wandering Scherzo Melody with Interruptions 17 18 Béla Bartók: a research and information guide 84. 85. 86. 87. 88. 89. 90. 91–92. 93. 94. 95. 96. Vol. IV: 97. 98. 99. 100. 101. 102. 103. 104. 105. 106. 107. 108. 109. 110. 111. 112. 113. 114. 115. 116. 117. 118. 119. 120. 121. Merriment Broken Chords Two Major Pentachords Variations Duet for Pipes In Four Parts In Russian Style Two Chromatic Inventions In Four Parts Tale Song of the Fox, voice and piano Stumblings Appendix: Exercises Notturno Thumb Under Crossed Hands In the Style of a Folksong Diminished Fifth Harmonics Minor and Major Through the Keys Playsong Children’s Song Melody in the Mist Wrestling From the Island of Bali Clashing Sounds Intermezzo Variations on a Folk Tune Bulgarian Rhythm (I) Theme and Inversion Bulgarian Rhythm (II) Melody Bourrée Triplets in 9/8 Time Dance in 3/4 Time Fifth Chords Two-Part Study Appendix: Exercises Vol.
Comodo VI. Finale Date—August 1923, Radvány, North Hungary, composed to celebrate the ﬁftieth anniversary of the merging of Pest, Buda, and Obuda into the city of Budapest Perf—November 19, 1923, Budapest Philharmonic Society (Ernő Dohnányi conducting), Budapest Pub—Universal 1924; piano reduction, Universal 1925 Cat—Sz 77, BB 86 76. A fából faragott királyﬁ [The Wooden Prince, Suite] Op. 13 Date—three dances from the ballet, 1921–1924? Perf—November 23, 1931, Philharmonic Society (Ernő Dohnányi conducting), Budapest Pub—Universal Cat—Sz 60, BB 74 77.
410. 9 Finnish ethnologist (1867–1960). Later, Bartók independently developed his own methodological approach to the classiﬁcation of musical folklore. 10 See Bartók, “Hungarian Peasant Music,” Musical Quarterly 19/3 (July 1933): 267–289, and Essays, p. 81. 11 See Bartók, Essays, p. 84. 12 See Bartók, “Hongrie,” La revue musicale 2 (December 1938): 436. 13 See Anthony Cross, “Debussy and Bartók,” Musical Times 108 (1967):126. 14 Musorgsky is a major forerunner of this tendency, and there is evidence that Debussy acquired certain features of folk music primarily from the Russian composer.